Wednesday, 22 November 2006

Searching on the internet (I)

Scavenger Hunt Questions:
- click on the links for references


Ron Wallace of Greene, Rhode Island

2. What is the best way (quickest, most reliable) to contact Grant Hackett?
I have a friend who used to go to school with Grant (everyone knows everyone through someone on the Coast!), so I guess if I really wanted to contact him so desperately, I could make a few phone calls. Otherwise, the best way to contact him on the web would probably be through his unofficial fan page: Grant Hackett Online.

3. What is the length of a giraffe's tongue?
18 to 20 inches (46 to 50 centimeters)

4. How would you define "ontology"? In your own words, what does it mean?
Ontology is "The branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of being."

To translate, I guess it means that asking the question of what human beings are made of, at a deeper level, rather than just the physical body.


5. What was David Lynch's first film?
Director:
Six Figures Getting Sick (1966)
Writer:
The Alphabet (1968)
Producer:
Six Figures Getting Sick (1966)
Actor:
The Amputee (1974) - Unable and scared nurse

6. When was the original "Hacker's Manifesto" written, and by whom?
January 8 1986, by The Mentor

7. What is the capital of Bhutan, and what language do the citizens speak?
Capital: Thimphu
Languages: Dzongkha & English

8. What is the cheapest form of travel from Bergen, Norway to Ornskoldsvik, Sweden?
Bike, Swim, Walk, Run, Hitch Hike

9. What song was top of the Australian Pop Charts this week in 1972?
Ring Ring - ABBA

10. What punk band was Stephen Stockwell (head of the school of arts) in?
The Black Assassins

No comments: