Thursday, 30 November 2006

Tutorial task: Powerpoint

Again as with Microsoft Word, I think anyone who has been through tertiary education would be familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint, or at least have come in contact with it before. Most lecturers usually use Powerpoint in their lectures and Powerpoint is also a popular program to use for most group presentations. Personally, I first started using Powerpoint in high school, so I found this tutorial task rather simple. The instructions were very clear and I did not encounter any problems trying to complete the task. None of the exercises (ie. custom animation etc) were new to me, so I went through them pretty quickly.

I would definitely recommend everyone to learn how to use Microsoft Powerpoint as it is an excellent program to use for giving presentations, may it be in an educational setting or professional setting. Having knowledge of such skills will definitely be beneficial for ANY career path you choose in the future. Imagine two groups of people giving separate presentations, one uses Powerpoint and the other uses overheads or worse, large pieces of paper/cardboard. Obviously the group who uses Powerpoint would immediately give a better first impression and may therefore have an advantage over the other group, even before both groups give their presentations.

No comments: